Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is the Far-Right going completely off the reservation?

I know it has been some time since I have been here to express my self by something that I just read is really disturbing me.

Chuck Norris: I may run for president of Texas

This article/post of Mr. Norris at World Net Daily, greatly disturbs me. Not because it is being said by Chuck, after all he showed that he is a bit nutty during the last election cycle, but because I do not believe Chuck is the only one who is 'thinking' this way.

I have been telling my wife for more than two years that I see signs that this country is moving toward a second civil war. I do not believe it is inevitable but I do think that it becomes hard to avoid when you have people at the extremes of the political spectrum who are so locked in to a set view point that they are unable to compromise.

The problem here is that both sides are becoming set in the 'it's my way or the highway' mind set, but that is not were we need to get to. The Republicans and others on the Far-Right are always talking about our Founding Fathers and their religious beliefs. Very few of them would be in line with the religious view that are prevalent today. Most of them were deists and not Christians in the modern usage.

I am really getting tired of the situation. The same loons who were saying while GWB was President that speaking against the policies of the President during a time of war were committing treason, are doing the same thing with Barack as President. The President has changed, and the party of the President, and the tune has changed. They have no problem talking about other people being treasonous for disagreeing with a President, but when they talk open sedition, apparently that is okay.

This is really frustrating.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?