Monday, August 25, 2008

DNC Day 1

I watch most of the first night of the convention this evening.

Some initial thoughts.

The tribute to and speech by Senator Edward Kennedy, had me in tears. Both were very moving and I was glad to be able to see it live. (I did record it, as my wife starts year two of Grad school tomorrow at 7:45 am and she was not able to stay up to see the entire first night.)

Michelle Obama, was very grounded in her speech. I was glad that I was able to see that also, because I got a great deal of information about her, and Barack, that I didn't know.

I did get a smile out of the 'appearance' by Barack at the end of the speech by Michelle.

I was glad that Michelle mentioned Hillary by name and gave her credit for what she was able to accomplish. I think the healing was intended to begin there.

Well, it's late I have a couple of things to take care of and a short night of sleep ahead of me, as I am taking my wife to school in the morning.

I will return tomorrow night.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?