Monday, April 30, 2007

Mr. Tenet goes to TV and a Book Store Near You

George Tenet has a book coming out. While I am sure this is almost shocking to most people I find what is going around the TV interviews to be the funniest part of all of this.

Mr. Tenet, in an what appears to me to be an attempt to 'rehabilitate' his image, has written a book that returns fire at a number of members of the Bush Administration. What I found to be the most interesting is how the political talking heads are responding.

For whatever reason I decided today to listen to Rush Limbaugh as I ran errands around noon. While the regular blowhard was 'absent from school' today, the subsitute blowhard was actually funny, and the callers were actually scary. What I gleaned from the substitute blowhard was that Mr. Tenet is NOW the darling of the Left. (You know those crazy liberals.) He was also, along with the callers, blaming everything on one William Jefferson (Bill) Clinton. So let me see if I understand. 6+ years after the man left office, and everything is Bill's fault. The fact that the Bush Administration did everything it could to find a way to bring Iraq into the argument didn't really seem to register. A couple of things that really got me laughing. First was the person who seemed to think that Al Qa'eda was in Iraq (other in the Kurdish areas, where Saddam was not able to operate militarily) and that we 'need to fight them there in order to not fight them here.' (Does anyone actually believe that?) The second was a person who seemed convinced that Bill had done everything in is power to set up the Imperial Executive. (Perhaps we should call him, He-who-should-not-have-reigned.)

What was really stunning to me about all the ranting by the substitute Blowhard today was that, having listened to a number of the 'liberal' talkshows, they were harder on Mr. Tenet than the Blowhard and his listeners.

What does this teach us? I don't know, but I am really hoping that the morons that I heard on the Rush Limbaugh show were not representative of the entirety of the listenership, but I figure it probably was.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?