Thursday, April 12, 2007

Is It Bad Luck or No Luck?

I have to say that if I didn't have bad luck with my cats, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

As documented about 18 months ago, we had to put to sleep one of our cats. Prior to that I we had had to put to sleep the sister/litter mate of the male we put to sleep at that 18 months ago. (We had to have put her to sleep about 10 years before.) The little cat we got to replace the first female we had to put to sleep is generally healthy except that we have to clean her teeth every other year or so, and she has an under-developed tear duct in for one of her eyes.

The little Siamese Lynx Point we had found about 15 months ago abandonned in our apartment building. Wife had taken both of the cats in for their annual appointments. We had notice that she had a strange behavior and Wife mentioned it at the time and the Doctor said that it was a feline seizure disorder. What she didn't mention at the time was that she wass having these seizures 2-3 times a day.

Today we took the little Siamese in for a dental cleaning. Well as part of the cleaning they determined that 3 of her teeth were bad and needed to be extracted. (3 teeth from an 18 month old cat, this was very disturbing.) My wife then tells me she also discussed with the Doctor again about the seizures, and that they are happening 2-3 times a day. The Doctor is now doing tests and is going to talk to an expert in feline seizures to determine what the best way to treat this is. I am just really thrown off by this. I am not sure why, but has upset me. (Okay, it is because the cats are like my children, but still.)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?