Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tax Whale, Again

I have, unexpectedly, been given the opportunity to return to H&R Block in a seasonal tax position. I was not originally planning on going back to Block as I was asked by my former employer not to. It did take way to much out of me last year.

Updating other items:
1. I had an interview to day with a privately held corporation as to be the in-house tax person. The company is facinating and I will give more information on this at a later time if I get the position. This opportunity called on me, and I found it to be a very interesting opportunity.

2. Tomorrow I have an interview with a small wealth management firm to be an in-house tax preparer for their client base. This was in the Sunday paper and I have no idea what to think about for this position.

3. I have a phone screening tomorrow also for a Law firm that is in downtown Cleveland to be an in-house tax preparer. This is a potentially very good opportunity. I have thought of going to law school and it seems that a law firm may be a good place to learn if that is something I truly want to do.

4. Father-in-law has been driving wife absolutely nuts. As we have noted before, Father-in-law has anxiety and panic/depression issues, (same type that Wife has) but refuses to admit (unlike Wife) that he has them. He has been taking Cipro for one problem, Diflucan for another problem, and Xanex to control the anxiety/panic. We (the family) have been trying to get him to go back on an anti-depression medication. (He was on one for about 2 years and went off it this summer. He has had just about every test you can imagine trying to find out why he has the chest pains and breathing problems, in my house we call these Panic Attacks because we have the ability to admit what is wrong with us.) Since going off the medications he has been driving Mother-in-law crazy. (Although in Wife's family that is a short trip.) Any way, he recently started taking the medication for the depression. (It happens to be the one he took before, one that I am on, and Wife was on previously.) He reads on line regularly about his drug interactions and then he has what ever symptoms the interactions say may happen. (His mother is like this.) On Monday night he called Wife about 10 times between 8:00pm and 3:00am. (Wife then had a panic attack and he finally apparently went to sleep.) It turned out to be a very, very long night.

Well I have one more thing to post separately, but wife came home and I will need to talk to her shortly.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?