Thursday, June 01, 2006

Entertainment, I Have Seen Some

On Friday, prior to Shabbat, Wife and I went to see X-Men: The Last Stand.  I enjoyed the movie.  There were some small things I didn't like, but as with all adaptions the material will be changed somewhat to fit the media in which is being used. 
 
Two specifics I wanted to talk about, one is the lack of NightCrawler.  Nightcrawler was/is one of my favorite X-Men characters from the comics and I was sorry he wasn't included in the movie.  The other is that they introduced a large number of 'X Universe' characters in this movie, some of them were good, and others, well not so.  They did introduce a couple that I liked from the comics that I have always liked and used them well.
 
Overall, if you liked the first two movies I don't think you will be disappointed.  If you are a fan of the comics, it may leave something to be desired.
 
I also saw Wedding Crashers over the weekend. I hadn't seen the movie, and from many of the commercials thought it looked somewhat stupid.  As I didn't have to pay for it and I was out voted, though I didn't really express my opinion, 3 to 1 on the subject we watched it. (We were at my Sister-in-Law's when we watched it.)  The movie was quite enjoyable.  It was much funnier, and at some points more endearing, than I had thought it would be.  I did enjoy it very very much, and if you are one of those who haven't seen it I do recommend it. (Just as a warning, it does have some nudity and language in it if you are sensitive to those kinds of things.)
 
As indicated elsewhere, I also attended a live preformance of Grease this weekend. (Aren't holiday weekends fun.)  I have seen the movie a number of times, but had never seen the play.  I thought the play was very good.  While essentially the same story there were a few differences that made for an enjoyable evening.
 
Well that is the entertainment report.  I probably won't have a chance to post anything else before this evening, so I hope one and all have a wonderful Shabbat and that Shavuot isn't to fattening or exhausting for anyone.
 
 

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?