Thursday, May 25, 2006

Abbas and Olmert

I wanted to post earlier on the these two, but I really wasn't sure what I wanted to say, or perhaps how I wanted to say what I wanted to say.

Ehud Olmert
My fear with PM Olmert is that he really doesn't have any idea of what he is doing or what he stands for and will just sort of blow in the political wind until the next election. I can't really tell if he is truly as weak willed as he is appearing right now (at least to me), or if he has a real idea of what he is doing.

Abbas

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=104293

My problem with Abbas is two fold.
1. I really don't feel his trustworthy. Or perhaps that is just my paranoia sneaking through.

2. I really wish he would do things like he is suggesting with Hamas. It makes it look like he actually wants peace and I don't think that is true. I also think that this stance is more about internal PA politics than about anything else. (All though it certainly won't hurt on the international aide front either.) This ultimatum he has issued to Hamas is really just frightening to me because I really don't think he wants peace, I think he sees and opportunity to take advantage of the current political situation in Israel (re: E. Olmert.) and to regain Fatah popularity in the PA and is exploiting it.

Well have a good shabbat, Jerusalem day, and Memorial day. I will try to post Sunday/Monday if I have the opportunity, but those days are looking very packed right now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?