Sunday, April 09, 2006

Several Things

I would like to thank both Shoozie and Ezra for their recent kind words.  To address the issue that both asked about, basically my blogging.  I can assure you that I will be getting to what I have promised.  The reason for the lack of blogging is the time of year.  My career is in the tax consulting and preparation area and of course with the deadline approaching rapidly my time is becoming even more reduced.  (Not to mention the approach of Passover as well.)
 
I am going to give a small 'hint' as to what I have been working on as far as the overall problem with the Jewish community in the US.  (And the more I have thought about it, well beyond.)
 
The thing that got me to realize this issue was a blog post by Heshy at Heshy's House on Kosher v. non-Kosher money.  The thing that made me really begin to see the problem in a bigger light was a news item, which I will be posting on separately at some point, about an Israeli Rabbi who has ruled that all toy dolls (in human form) must be maimed, and that stuffed animal toys must be as well.
 
The final thing was just a general idea of how the current climate both in the US and around the world fit with our history.  Again that is far more general than any specific event or activity.
 
I probably haven't given anyone any idea of what I am thinking, but I hope that will at least give you an idea of the background of what has been bubbling in the back of my head for several months while working on tax returns.
 
One final note on the 'personal side' of things.  Wife and have been planning on purchasing a new car, and actually picked it up this week.  We are the owners of a 2007 Toyota Camry. (Aloe Green Metallic in color.)  Wife was being very obnoxious about the whole thing yesterday, it is her car after all, and for the first time since we have been married she has the 'better' car.  (It is also the very first time that she has owned a brand new car.)

Comments:
Glad to see all is well.

What did you consider when purchasing your new car?

Passover is a very hard time for me also.
 
We looked at reliability, look of the car, price. The basic things. I actually am not a Honda lover myself. I just don't like the way the Civic's and Accord's look. I really like the look of the new Camry's. They are very sleek looking and actually come with a number of things standard that the Honda's don't. As a result the Camry was actually cheaper than the Accord.

And just as a further note on the subject; I drive a Nissan, so the whole I really didn't care what we got as long as Wife was happy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?