Monday, April 10, 2006

OOOO, Look At The Time

I am actually home at a decent time tonight, which I wasn't expecting. I really want to blog, but aside from the post that I am working on, I have nothing to really write about tonight. If this happens again tomorrow, and I have the expectation that it will, I will definitely have something to say.

Having just written that, something popped in to my head that I wanted to get out of my head. While talking to a new client yesterday, I found out that she was relocated post Katrina from New Orleans. She lost almost everything thing that she owned. ( In the discussion though I did say that she got out with the most important thing, her life.)

She was rather . . . (the only word that is coming to mind is) disgusted by the lack of progress that is going on along the Gulf Coast. She is here because her fiance is here, and probably won't be going back. The other thing she said was that her parents live in Mississippi. Her comment was that her parents basically have ocean front property because everything between their house and the water is gone. They did have some damage as a tree went through the roof, but that has been repaired.

She said one other thing that struck me as rather odd. She said she had received a phone call from FEMA with in the last couple of weeks to see if she would like to return to New Orleans and move in to a trailer. Her comment after that was, things really haven't change much since September, and that they barely have anything working yet. She didn't really think she would be going back, at least not in the near future.

Have a good evening.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?