Saturday, February 04, 2006

A Memorial to Al 'Grampa Munster' Lewis

 
 
Because of the time frame that it was originally on the air I never watched the original run of The Munsters, but did watch it in reruns.  I loved the show.
 
In reading the linked article from Fox News I learned several things about Mr. Lewis that I didn't know.  For one thing, Mr. Lewis had a reputation as a basketball talent scout.  He had done some scouting for Jerry Tarkanian and Red Auerbach.
 
I know that I had heard some where along the way that he had opened a restaurant called Grampa's, but didn't remember it until I read the article.
 
The final thing I learned, is about his health problems.  In 2003 he was undergoing an angioplasty when an emergency by-pass was needed.  As a result of the surgery Mr. Lewis had a portion of his right leg and the toes on his left foot amputated.
 
At 95 Mr. Lewis lived a long and successful life in which he was beloved by his fans.  He was quoted in the article of saying he never resented being typecast, and that it 'paid the mortgage.'
 
From Little Wolf and family we express our sympathy for their loss and may they be comforted by his memory, their friends and the millions of fans who loved him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?