Thursday, February 23, 2006

How To Throw Gas On A Fire

In what has to be a good move internally, but a bad thing to do for a much wider variety of reasons.  The Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made the following statements "They invade the shrine and bomb there because they oppose God and justice," which is a reference to the US led forces in Iraq, and "these passive activities are the acts of a group of defeated Zionists and occupiers who intended to hit our emotions."   Addressing the United States, Ahmadinehad added: "You have to know that such an act will not save you from the anger of Muslim nations."
 
The whole problem with his premise is that I don't think it makes any sense.  WE, and I mean that in dual terms here as being a US resident and apparently and unknowingly a defeated Zionist, have absolutely nothing to gain by doing this.  Of course when you are an insane moron that hardly matters. 
 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/iran_iraq_shrine;_ylt=Ao95GFb07MFQUX.jvaA733is0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ
 
The idiotic statements do seem to be fairly limited to who is, at least publicly, making idiotic statements.  This one "we cannot imagine that the Iraqi Sunnis did this," said the influential Sunni cleric Sheik Youssef al-Qaradawi, an Egyptian who lives in Qatar, "no one benefits from such acts other than the U.S. occupation and the lurking Zionist enemy." 
 
At least the Islamic extremist elements seem to have all received their talking points memos.
 
*******
Several things I wanted to address.
1.  I would like to express my sympathies to the families and individuals who were affected by the building collapse in Moscow.  I really hate to see these types of disasters that seem to be preventable.
 
2.  I haven't heard an update from the mine situation in, I believe Mexico, but I would like to express sympathy for the families and individuals affected by that situation as well.
 
3.  On the port issue.  Why is the President threating to veto the possible legislation that is being proposed by Congress.  They are not trying to stop the deal, though I feel they should be, they are trying to arrange to extend the examination period of the situation.
 
4.  At the risk of this being taken completely the wrong way I would like to directly address the situation in Iraq.  It seems to me that what is going on in Iraq is very indicitive of the problem that other cultures have with Muslims in a general sense. (And that is what I mean by taken the wrong way.  I am being overly general, but with the intent of address a perception issue.)  Here is what I am getting at, if factions of Muslims don't get along to the point of blowing up their neighbor's religious institutions, why would Christians, Jews, Hindus, et. al. expect them to get along with, and respect, the other religions.
 
I am not saying that other religious groups are all hugs and kiss, or even that they have been historically after all there have been wars that have centered on differences in Christian Groups, and others. Religion is a very emotional thing to 'true believers.'  The finality of how many people view their own religion is often the problem.  By nature, religion creates an 'I'm right and your wrong'' mentality at the basis of where begin thinking.  But the blowing up/intentionaly destruction of any religious institution is really going beyond what one should ever expect.  The view from the outside of the situation in Iraq, and Islam in general, is that it seems to be unwilling to even accept the differences that will naturally crop up in the long term existence of a religion.  I find the situation in Iraq to be very depressing, after all any time people are killing each other for no reason at all I feel we are violating G-D's desires for what we should be doing.  I have the same feeling about the situation in Darfour, but I really don't know how I can help resolve either issue.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?