Thursday, January 05, 2006

Of Cats and Kittens part 2

The other day I was discussing the little kitten my wife had 'found' last week. Well we have decided, if she is healthy, to keep the little devil. She is currently unnamed, though I have been attempting to come up with a name for her.

Our current cat is Maggie, so named by her previous owners. The cat we put to sleep several months ago was named Breygi (the name of a Norse god) and his sister, whom we had to put to sleep a number of years ago, was Freyja (A Norse goddess whose chariot was drawn by 2 cats.) whose name was the inspiration for the day name Friday.

This kitten will likely end up with the name of a mythological god or goddess. (I previous had a cat named Loki.) I like to use those names because you are not likely to run in to a person named after a god or goddess. (I have always wanted to get an Irish Setter and name it Thor. After all Thor was a big, dumb red-head and that is generally what Irish Setters are.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?