Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Letterman and O'Reilly

I would like to make a quick hit comment about William (Bill) O'Reilly's appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman. I will say I did not see the entire interview as it was on shortly after my wife got home from work, and she had had a very bad day. I did hear this comment from Letterman "I have the feeling about 60 percent of what you say is crap." Bill reacted rather badly to this statement. (Not that this was very shocking.) This site, Hammer of Truth, has a bit more extensive coverage of the conversation, and some links to other places.

I had enjoyed watching Mr. O'Reilly's show until he made his comments to a Jewish caller last year. (Which, by the way, he continues to misrepresent.) Since that incident, I have not ,and continue to refuse, to listen/watch the show since then. I had always considered him a bit of a blowhard, and that hasn't changed.

I have seen Mr. O'Reilly also on the Daily Show where he took a bit of a 'beating' from Jon. Hopefully, some other 'names' giving Mr. O'Reilly a little run for his money will take a bit the wind out of his sails. (Not to mention that Steven Colbert is doing a marvelous satire of Mr. O'Reilly, and others, 4 nights a week.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?