Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bumper Sticker

While driving home from a tax update seminar I was attending yesterday, I was behind a vehicle with the following bumper sticker: "G-D was a single parent."

I really have no desire to get into a discussion of the theological implications. (re: Christianity and it's correctness) But I found the overall meaning of the bumper sticker interesting. If one accepts, just for a second, the correctness of Christianity, doesn't this seem to be a 'divine statement' about the relationship between parent and child. If we remove the idea of Christianity and go with the Jewish concept that we are all G-D's children the implication will still be there.

I think this bumper sticker makes an interesting counter point to the 'religious rights' constant arguments about various marriage and parenting related items.

What say you?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?