Thursday, December 22, 2005

Where Is Heshy And His House When We Need Him?

I find that I am missing the recently departed Heshy's House blog. Not only was Heshy's post odd and entertaining, I really miss reading them. (Who could forget the reason our nose is above our mouth.)

One of the things that his 'mission statement' said was that he was opposed to alien life, or life anywhere else in the universe. That having been said, I have to wonder what his reaction to this little gem would have been.

Life's ingredients circle Sun-like star is an interesting little article that discusses a newly forming star (designated IRS 46) that has several of 'life's building blocks' in the gaseous cloud, and that those chemicals 'appear' to be in the same part of the developing solar system as our dear Earth is in our solar system. I found it to be a facinating article. Hopefully we won't be missing Heshy for ever, I really hope he comes back.

Comments:
I don't know--I have actually forgotten why it was the nose is above the mouth, although I recall the post.

I never did understand the life on other planets issue.

I do miss Heshy, but he was an almost constant source of temptation to lashon hara for me. What to do?
 
I miss him, but agree on the lashon hara issue. I suspect that the life on other planets issue for him would mean that Humans weren't as special and that the creation story in the Torah could not be literally interpreted.

As for the nose thing, it was because you then smell your food before you ate it.
 
I miss him, but agree on the lashon hara issue. I suspect that the life on other planets issue for him would mean that Humans weren't as special and that the creation story in the Torah could not be literally interpreted.

As for the nose thing, it was because you then smell your food before you ate it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?