Thursday, December 29, 2005

An Educational Experience

I decided to do something I had never before tried today. I work in an enviroment that is, predominately, Christian. (I do have 3 Jewish co-workers.)

I brought a box of a dozen jelly donuts to work today and put it in the 'kitchen' area of the offices. I also put a little note with the donuts as to why I had brought them in today. (I do love a religion that makes food in to religious symbols, the only problem is that my body is beginning to show signs of that.) I have gotten a number of verbal comments from people who were very interested in the 'sufganiyot story' and how it relates to Hanukah. I also had a written note on my computer generated note thanking me for both the donuts and the information.

I have enjoyed the experience of doing something a little different to educate my co-workers on something they probably have never thought about before. You never know when or where that will come in handy down the road.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?