Thursday, December 01, 2005

Don't Panic and Don't Forget Your Towel


Over the holiday weekend I had an opportunity, finally, to see the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie.

Was the movie perfect? No, but it was quite enjoyable and at least kept the tone and humor of the books intact.

It truly reminds me of what an absolute shame it was that Douglas Adam's past when he did. It is also truly sad that he didn't get to see the vision he had for the movie finished and on the screen.

As the movie follows the basic story of the book, at least as far I can remember as it has been a while since I read the book, I really won't get in to the plot.

A couple of things that I disliked:
  1. Zaphod's '2nd head' in the movie just wasn't all that normal.
  2. The fact that the doors only sigh as they open and close and don't seem to talk otherwise.

Things that I did like:

  1. I really like the way the actors interpreted their charaters.
  2. I like the look of the Vogons (though it should be surprising as they were Henson Studio products.)
  3. I loved the voice of the ship and the images that came out of the improbability drive.
  4. Marvin was great and I further enjoyed the voice casting of Alan Rickman.

Just remember: DON'T PANIC AND DON'T FORGET YOUR TOWEL


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?