Friday, October 21, 2005

The NBA Dress Code

The new NBA dress code seems to be made into something akin to a Federal Case.
The NBA has basically asked adults who have chosen to play Professional basketball for a living to dress like a professional when at work, but not on the court, or on ‘NBA’ business. (Such as traveling.)

Now I am torn on this issue.  I am tired of seeing people wondering around looking like they just got up and had to rush out of the house.  I know I am going to sound like an old grumpy person, but why can’t people take some pride in their appearance. (I am guilty of this at times to.)  It isn’t a matter caring what other people think of you, although the NBA players are at a much higher level of public attention than I am.

On the flip side, adults should have the right to dress how they want, on their own time.  I have to dress with in certain standards when I go to work, most ‘professionals’ do.  But on my own time I can, and frequently do, dress in a much more comfortable manner.

The reaction that really bugs me the most is that of Allen Iverson.  He is making $16+ million, and he had the gall to say “They should pay us extra for this.”  Hey, A-hole, I don’t make anywhere near what you do, and I have to by the type of clothing my employer requires me to wear.  This reaction made think back to the lock out 6-8 years ago when Patrick Ewing was recorded answer a question about the unions pay demands “Hey, we make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money too.”  Hopefully one of these days one of the overpaid and whiny idiots will realize that the people who support them don’t get paid what some of them make to play a game for 1 season is more than most people make in a lifetime.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?