Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Katrina on the Ground

I wanted to do this for a variety of reasons.

I briefly heard Doctor Otter, whose blog is here, speaking on the Ed Schultz show yesterday (9/13/05). He was a volunteer Physician in the disaster zone of the Gulf Coast for the last week, and while I have not read everything yet, will give a completely different view point of the on-the-ground volunteer that, with few exceptions, the major outlets are not covering. He has returned home as of last night, but he will be posting additional information as he goes.

The main reasons for this reference post:
1. I haven't really posted about Katrina and I am not really sure if I will. I have, as I have said before, yet to get a real grip on the situation in my own mind. The vastness of the disaster is more than I can easily assimilate, and by the time I do I have a feeling no one else is going to want to read about it. (I may still post just to get things off my chest.)
2. I like to find things that reflect a different view on a story if I am at all able to, and I believe this will.
3. I believe Doctor Otter deserves all the credit in the world for putting life and limb on the line to help out others. But despite this he is getting a lot of grief from co-workers.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?