Wednesday, September 21, 2005

From The List of Things I Don't Understand

Okay, I have never really understood the appeal of getting a tattoo. Not only do I think they look a little strange, but I have a fear of needles that I think sort of eliminates the 'tattoo thing.' I will only be stuck with needles so many times, and they seem to like to do that to me to monitor several of the meds that I am on.

Why, you may ask, am I even bringing this up?

Katrina tattoosSept. 20: Deborah and Joe Pfalzgraf, who evacuated to Memphis, Tenn., after Hurricane Katrina hit, decided to get a permanent souvenir of the storm -- matching tattoos, featuring an exact radar image of the storm as it passed over New Orleans.

The link will take you to a video from MSNBC. I am still having issues with picture posting from my work computer.

Comments:
For someone who seems to be an historian of their culture you need to do some research on tattoos.
Try searching on Google or how'bout http://www.tattoo.co.uk/history.htm
It seems you have a lot of time on your hands - BTW your link to the photo or publication does not work.
 
I will attempt to correct the error with the link.

As to the other issue. I understand the historic origins of tattoos. I am not sure I understand the modern fasination with them.

I also have a religious reasoning, but that is really not where my lack of understanding comes from.

Finally, I think part of my problem is that a lot of the people are getting tattoo that have signifcance that they are either ignoring or are ignorant of, and that seems to reflect a level of arrogance that just bugs me.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?