Monday, September 12, 2005

Blame Game?

I thought I would bring this lovely piece of journalistic snotgobbling (I think I like that term, don't know what it means exactly but I like it. It is fun to create things.) to a wider attention. I find it to be very interesting that the burning of witches and Jews in 'by-gone' days is compared to the present day attempt to determine the failures in leadership, at all levels, that followed the landfall of Katrina.

The Hawkeye News

My favorite part of the article "In less enlightened times, there was no catastrophe independent of human agency. When the plague or some other natural disaster struck, witches were burned, Jews were massacred and all felt better (except the witches and Jews).

A few centuries later, our progressive thinkers have progressed not an inch. No fall of a sparrow on this planet is not attributed to sin and human perfidy. The three current favorites are: (1) global warming, (2) the war in Iraq and (3) tax cuts. Katrina hits and the unholy trinity is immediately invoked to damn sinner–in–chief George W. Bush.
" This is of course the opening two paragraphs of the article, and had me hooked in until the actual blaming began.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?