Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Gas Prices

The local paper this morning had a small heading that prices of gas would go over the $3.00. I luckly purchased gas fairly early this morning at $2.59. I was on the other side of town early this afternoon and the price of gas was $3.10. I was watching CNN even later in the day and saw that some stations in Atlanta were already selling gas for $4.99.

I am in favor of our form of economy and government, I truly believe it is the best form of both. Having said that, I have only one concern, why do incredibly profitable corporations feel the need to soak the general public in times of disaster. They are going to make a profit, and still be able to raise gas prices within the next two weeks due to our lovely friend Hurricane Katrina.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?