Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Batman and the home invasion.

There are times that you have to wonder if people are spending to much time in fantasy land.

I have to say that I am a comic book fan, still read and collect them even today. That having been said, other than 'playing' at superheroes with friends growing up, I never had delusions of being a superhero.

I also have played, and still own all of my materials for, Dungeons and Dragons. When this was big you would always hear the stories, occasionally even on shows like 60 Minutes, about people who in one way or another took the game to seriously. These people always seem to end up committing suicide and the families wanted to blame something, so D&D became a natural target. (My favorite story was one were a kid committed suicide, and the parents said in the interview something to the effect of "Little Johnnie was such a good kid, we didn't know he had been threatening his sister's life until after he killed himself." Always made me wonder about the parents and how much attention was actually being paid to the kids.)

So I know you are now asking yourself "How does any of this have anything to do with the headline?" The answer is in the attached article.
Batman

After you have read the article you will realize what I am shoting at, at least I hope you do. I just don't understand how it can take an episode like this to reveal the problem that some kids have. I can't believe that there weren't signs before hand. I know some people want to hide their heads in the sand until after something goes wrong, but really healthy people do not obcess about fictional charaters like this. (Harry Potter aside in the current period. For some reason lots of people seem obcessed with him.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?