Friday, July 29, 2005

Frist Removes Part of Head from Ass.

The following italic quote and the link are from/for an article on CNN.Com.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist on Friday threw his support behind House-passed legislation to expand federal financing for human embryonic stem cell research, breaking with President Bush and religious conservatives in a move that could impact his prospects for seeking the White House in 2008.

"It's not just a matter of faith, it's a matter of science," Frist, R-Tennessee, said on the floor of the Senate.

http://tinyurl.com/bpe5b

I have felt that the President, and the 'Conservative' movement, is rather silly on this issue. Later in the article Scott McClellan says "There is a principle involved here from the president's standpoint when it comes to issues of life." While I do understand this idea, there are issues of life on the other side of the argument as well. I will admit that I am bias on this issue as I have an ailment that is, at least partially, genetically related and the a good possibility for correcting the issue may be found through stem cell research. I would like to see people with various genetic health issues be able to live more productive lives.

I have to say I am not exactly sure what it is that is getting Senator Frist to change his mind on this issue. I suspect that at least a portion of this, dare I say flip-flop, reversal on this subject has as much to do with how the issue polls with the general public and Billy's wish to be President, as it does with the Science or Morality of the issues involved. I do hope the President finally will pull his head out of his ass at least a small amount and to realize that the Culture of Life issues as he sees them are not as clear cut as they may appear to be.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?