Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Disengagement

I am rather disturbed that this is going on!

I am not necessarily opposed to the idea of transferring people from the Gaza and Northern 'West Bank.' I am opposed to doing it under the circumstances which it is being accomplished. I have a problem with leaving the territory with out any kind of assurances or negotiations with the 'Palestinian Authority.' This is a recipe for major problems afterword.

I also don't really care for the concept of forcibly transfering populations from one area to another. Unfortunately this has happened far to often in our history. The 'settler' movement extremists seem to want to compare this to the Shoah. I do not like this comparison only because I feel it lessens the importance of the Shoah. If we don't want others to compare stupid things to the holocaust or Nazi's, then we need to stop doing the same thing. If we do it ourselves, then others obviously feel free to do the same.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?